As many of you have already done I’m listing out some of my top posts for the 2011 calendar year. They are rated by simply views, not comments.
Here they are:
- The Ultimate Guide to Launching a WordPress-Powered Blog
- Social Widget Plugin for WordPress (Twitter, Facebook, RSS)
- How I Monetize and Make Money Blogging (and How Much I Make Per Year)
- Setting Up and Optimizing W3 Total Cache (Up to v0.9.2.4)
- Standard Theme: A WordPress Theme Made by Bloggers for Bloggers
- Migrate from Blogger (Blogspot) to WordPress without Losing SEO, Links
- The Best iPhone Twitter App
- Setting Up and Optimizing WP Super Cache for Your Blog
- 3 Reasons Why You Need a Personal Branding, Landing Page [Download Template]
- Blogging Foundations Starter Kit
I’ll go one step further and share with you why these (and many of the other top posts) found themselves on the list:
- For starters the Series Posts were a huge hit. I suggest doing series for multiple blog posts on the same topic. Great strategy and tons of traffic.
- Free stuff always wins. Give away great content (free, obviously) but if you can give away any other work that’ll help too.
- In-depth tutorials of difficult subject matter is prime for traffic. There are “difficult” things that you know how to do really well. Write a post (or two) about it!
- People care about what tools you use and what you consider the “best.” Share that with people, often.
Finally, here are some of my favorite posts of 2011 and some of the most important ones that I wrote:
- What is a Digital Tentmaker, Tentmaking? What is a TentBlogger?
- Add a Space (or Spacers) in Your Dock [Mac OSX]
- I Challenge You to Make $1.00 Through Your Blog by the End of the Year!
- 5 Things I’ve Learned in the First 3 Months as a Professional Blogger
- How Your Blog Categories Can Help You Focus Your Content This Coming Year
- Never Forget Your First
- 3 Skills I Want to Improve This Year That Will Impact My Blogging
- The Complete Guide to Using Images in Your Blog Posts
- Become a Master Link Architect: Internal, External Linking, PageRank
- Never Forget: Blog for People, Not for Search Engines (or Robots)
- The Best Desktop Writing App for Distraction-Free Blogging
- The 3 Most Important Things My Dad Taught Me About Blogging
- What is Your Dream Job? How Does Blogging Fit In the Picture?
- 100+ Inspiring & Creative Quotes, Manifestos by Technology, Business, & Startup Leaders
- A Positive Attitude is Your Most Important Blogging Strategy
- The 10 Best Writing Notebooks to Capture Your Creative Thoughts
- BlogX: An Intense 90 Day Blogging Bootcamp
- 5 Things to Remember When Your Blog Host Fails
- TentBlogger Turns One Year Old!
- Steve Jobs Biography: The Book That Changed My Life
- Goodbye Human3rror.
- I Need 3 People for a Serious Alpha Test of a New Project…
And that, my friends, was a glimpse of 2011. Wow. I can’t believe we’re almost done with it!
Was there any post this year on Tentblogger that stood out to you? Love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for an incredible year guys!