In this screencast I show how I have optimized a particular workflow for grabbing images from a property, editing them, exporting, and then providing a little optimization.
Essentially I hope that you learn these 3 things:
- Creating a workflow for your blogging efforts is crucial for the long-term success, especially as you grow, diversify, and expand.
- Creating a workflow saves a lot of time. Lots.
- Stacking and batch-processing your efforts is also very strategic. If I only have to open my image editor once then I consider that a WIN for the day!
What I’ve showcased here is a part of the much larger global workflow that characterizes my daily blogging efforts.
For those that are interested, the apps that I used in this screencast are the following:
- I used Screenflow to make this video.
- I used Firebug for grabbing the image.
- I used Acorn for image editing.
- I used ImageOptim for image optimization.
Enjoy! I challenge you to start creating consistent and effective workflows for your blog!
[This is part of the Developing Great Blog Content Series. Check out the other posts!]