I shared this via Twitter the other day; the fact that I’m looking for a new executive coach starting in Q1 of 2021:
I also asked a friend who’s been my coach / leader through an 8-week program that I just completed and she gave me some really good things to think about.
Here are a few questions that she challenged me to ponder:
- Do you gel well with Male Coaches vs. Female Coaches?
- Does gender play a role for you?
- Is age a big factor for you? Coaches who are older or younger than you?
- How much does their background matter? Founder turned coach? Doesn’t matter if they are good?
- Is there a specific issue that needs addressing? What are you really looking for?
- What type of personality works best for you?
- Hardass coach who will call you out on your BS and be very assertive
- Tender and thoughtful in approach as they guide you
- Do you want someone who has a proven, clear framework?
- Do you want someone to make you “feel” good or to help you gain clarity?
- What problems / pain points have previous coaches helped you solve? Is this next engagement in the same vein or different?
Consider getting one yourself for the new, 2021 year! Every high-performance professional that I know has one… and my success has been predicated on getting the support I need as a founder / CEO.
It might be the most important
#bizops thing you do next year!
[Originally published on Indie Hackers.]