I hope you had a great weekend! I spent the time updating my landing page (and getting roasted a bit) as well as relaxing, which, is a bit rare for me but I’ll take it.
- Suicide. Classic. Blockchain / Basketball. Legend. Guilty. TinyVid.
- Upping game. Raising. Blows mind. Golden age? No idea. Liro.
- Overwatch. ZoomApps. Purple. Azimuth. Levers. Metrics. Troopl.
- Anduril. S–Team, insight. Mantra. STP. Weed. Kelly. Graphs. Brady.
- The stake. Books. Truly wants. Mamba. Calculus. Relate. Framer.
- Wrestling. Content bot? How to grow / retain an audience? Warby.
- Universal creative Income! Vis future. PSA. Ripplematch. Maj. platforms.
- AI vid. Pragma. Casual. Mindgram. Amazon++? Sonar. Ask CH.
- UI.glass. Nodejs. Happy Bday FTP. Hates it. Super-cool. Macro.
- Making space. Nazi ponies. Portability. Discord, yay. Underground.
To infinity & community,
creator myself, I have known these 3 things to be true for 20+ years and it’s only been recently where I’ve figured out how to actually solve this fundamental problem (and opportunity).
It’s what I call (and coined) the “ABCs of Creator Success” and once you see it, you can’t unsee it because we all know it to be true. Every creator, big and small, ultimately wants to spend more time doing what they love — their art — that is first and foremost. And, for many of us, it’s literally the only reason we get up in the morning!
Some of us also want to build a business, but not every creator has that desire. At the very least, all creators want the financial challenges related to their art to be solved in a way that doesn’t steal valuable and precious time away from the first love: their art. And for even many more they’d just like a simple and intuitive system to monetize their art amongst their audience, fans, and patrons; hassle-free.
Lastly, the modern creator understands the fundamental relationship that they have with their community, the folks that they know, love, and that supports their continued work. Creator success in today’s economy requires tooling that empowers creators to connect directly with their audience without middle-men or algorithmically-controlled feeds — there’s a real sense of pride and ownership that exists for today’s creators, entrepreneurs, and business builders.
In short, creator success circles the ABCs:
- Creators want to spend more time doing what they love: Their art.
- Creators want to spend less time operating the “business” side of the project.
- Creators want to make more money — without more work — via their community.
It really is that simple. That’s what I’ve been obsessing over and that’s what I’ve been building. That’s YEN.
I had a fun exchange with my 14-year old who schooled me above on what a “simp” is. Ah…