Saw this via Twitter:
Very useful for a ton of different types of writing! Including writing pitch decks, emails, notes to venture capitalists or even the way that you communicate in your 1-on-1’s or team meetings — writing clearly and concisely is really, really hard and takes a lot of practice. Applying these conventions could level-up your communication.
Use less than 30 words per sentence:
- Due to the fact that 👉🏻 because
- Totally lacked the ability to 👉🏻 could not
Replace adjectives with data:
- We made the performance much faster 👉🏻 We reduced server side latency from 10ms to 1ms
Eliminate weasel words:
- Nearly all customers 👉🏻 87% of Prime members
- Significantly better 👉🏻 25% basis points
Does your writing pass the “so what” test?
- It better!
If you get a question, reply with one of the four Amazon answers:
- A Number
- I don’t know and will follow up when I do