This has been a Series idea that I’ve been planning to execute for some time now and I’m excited to finally find some time to write around this particular subject.
There is no question – content is the lifeblood of a blog. Without it you don’t actually have anything! But here’s the thing: Everyone creates content but not all content is actually visited and read. How does one make sure that their blog and their blog posts don’t end up the blackhole of the internet?
You see, the challenge is to create not just good content but great content that ranks well in search engines, engages your audience, and increases your pageviews. I know a thing or two about how this works (and doesn’t work) and I’d love to export all of that knowledge right into you!
Just like the other Series Posts this blog post here will serve as the landing page for the content as I generate it. I’m looking forward to this series and I hope you are too!
- Great Blog Content Starts Before You Hit Publish! 5 Elements That Most Bloggers Forget!
- What’s Your Blog’s Promise?
- Great Blogs Find Focus in These 3 Areas: Passion, Expertise, and Unique Value
- List Out Your Passions, Expertise, and Unique Value
- Becoming a Wabi-Sabi Blogger – Great example of #3 in action!
- Great Blogs Publish Posts with 300 Words or More
- Great Blogs Keep Their Page Load Time Short, Blog Weight Light!
- Great Blog Content Needs Strategic and Focused Categories
- Great Blogs Use Categories and Not Tags
- 3 Types of Content that Draw Consistent and High Traffic
- Creating a Vision Statement for Your Blog
- How To: Create a Blog Post Series and Why You Need Them!
- Creating Effective and Profitable Evergreen Blog Content
- 5 Writing Tips That I Learned From My Wife
- 5 Ingredients Required to Create a Blog Schedule That Works
- The Power of Creating a Workflow for Your Blog
- Your Rituals Help You Stay Productive
- A Few Thoughts on Video Blogging and Getting Started
- The Complete Guide to Using Images in Your Blog Posts
- Create Blog Templates to Streamline Your Publishing
- 5 Tips on Developing a Great Writing Habit That Works
- RSS: Readers, Apps, and a Subscription Strategy That Helps You Write Great Content
- 25 Types of Blog Posts That People Love to Click and Read
- 3 Elements That Will Help You Become an ‘Iterative’ Blogger
- Be an Accessible Blogger: Community is Content Strategy!
- Great Follow-Up Post: 5 Tips on Leveraging Community Feedback Well for Your Blog
- Become a Master Link Architect: Internal, External Linking, PageRank
- Publishing is Not Enough: Become a Blog Post Curator!
- An X Factor Element to Determine Your Content Strategy: Curiosity
- Crafting Perfect SEO Meta Title Tags for Your Blog Posts
- 10 Free Keyword Tools for Your Blog Title Tag Research
- Content Style Suggestions, Guidelines for Great Web Copy
- 13 More Tools for Testing the Performance of Your Blog
- Copy and Paste Your Blog Post Drafts Into WordPress the Right Way
- The Reason You Should Draft Your Blog Posts Outside WordPress
- The Best Blogging Apps for Windows, Mac, and More
- 20 Distraction-Free Minimal Writing Apps to Help You Focus Your Blog Content Creation
- The Power of ‘Free’ – A Top Strategy for Getting Blog Traffic
- 5 Reasons Why You Need to Experiment More with Your Blog
- Simplify and Speed Up Your Workflow for Commenting on Blogs
- Managing, Moderating Your Comments Well as Your Blog Grows
- A Psychological Strategy of Effective Blog Content
- Fully Exploit Strengths, Not Weaknesses, for Your Blog Content
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Blog Alive While on Vacation or Traveling
- Establishing Trust: Your Content Isn’t Everything!
If you have any particular questions that you’d like answered or areas of coverage surrounding content that you’d like me to unpack for you then please let me know in the comments!
See you in a bit!