Here’s the video and list:
- Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
- Do nothing for prestige or status or money or approval alone.
- Be generous.
- Build pockets of stillness into your life. Sleep.
- When people try to tell you who they are, don’t believe them.
- Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.
- Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.
- Seek out what magnifies your spirit.
- Don’t be afraid to be an idealist.
- Don’t just resist cynicism — fight it actively.
Read the full text here. It’s hard to read this list and not be overcome by the raw truth and even, if you let yourself, get a bit emotional about it.
I want to meditate on this the rest of the week and consider the natural implications. There are 1,000 things that I could do with what I just read but I don’t want to just do anything, I want to be specific and targeted.
But, most importantly, I have to do something. Reading, reflecting, but then missing the response is, and should be, a deeply personal matter and one should feel, deeply, the failure that it is.