This video is amazing:
There are 100 things that I’d like to comment on, but instead I suggest that you watch it a few times. I’m on my 4th time now. A few things I’ve captured:
- I want to try telling folks “that I’m on a mission” next time someone asks me what I do. I’d love to see their reaction!
- Having a mission is better than just having a job. A “mission mindset” is powerful.
- Adopting a level of seriousness is crucial. Focus is how we become more serious in our thoughts and our behavior.
- Precision over breadth. Requires planning.
- Adopting your own mission ensures that you’re not borrowing or just drafting on someone else’s mission. This level of ownership is also crucial.
- Mission is about what can help other people the most with your own skills, talents, and experiences. It’s about optimizing your own aptitudes towards others.
- To figure all of this out you need to get help, coaching, counsel from others, introspection, and a ton of experimentation.
- The solution is when and where your skills and aptitude connect with the needs of the world.
- Comparing the value or magnitude of your own mission with others is a fruitless activity and is a waste of time. Alignment is more important than estimated impact.
Wow. I just love thinking about these things.