This resource and guide is pretty cool. I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment:
Leadership training needs to start before the role even begins.
I also like this list that enumerates 10 ways to earn trust and respect of your team:
- Be transparent with motives and goals.
- Demonstrate your character and intention to do the right thing for your team.
- Put the team’s needs before your own.
- Help employees grow by letting them test, learn, and fail without fear.
- Trust employees off the bat, don’t make them feel they have to earn it.
- Let yourself be vulnerable, and admit to mistakes.
- Use inclusive words like “we” to show that you’re part of the team, not above it.
- Ask for feedback and take action quickly where change is needed.
- Be yourself – people respond best to authenticity.
- Be open to learning from your team – everyone will have something to teach you!
Also published on Medium.