Last night I delivered the first “episode” (or at least I’m calling it that) of my Newsletter and I tweeted out an opportunity to sign-up before the first one went out.
Apparently more than a few of you missed it so I wanted to share that first one to let you know what you might be missing!
Here’s what I wrote:
This is the FIRST of many newsletters I hope to send to you, the faithful few, who have subscribed to the TentBlogger newsletter!
As such, I’m experimenting with design and text so please bear with me… I’ll give this newsletter some style soon enough…!
There are things through this newsletter in which will probably be only shared through the newsletter… it’s somewhat of a unique way to generate response and community!
To start off, I hope your year is going great! We’re only one month in and yet the year will be done before you know it! I wanted to use this opportunity to really encourage you to get your blogging goals in order and to really spend the minimal amount of time to explicitly jot them down!
For starters, here are some ideas that I’ve generated for you to consider:
I really hope you take a look and would love to see your responses in the comments.
Also, I want to really make sure you’re taking advantage of engaging with each other in the comment section, etc. There will be some additional community features made available later this year that I’m super excited about sharing with you guys… I believe this community is going places and I want you guys to come with me!
Here’s a great tip that will instantly improve some of your content generation this year. Ready?
- Set aside 15 minutes this coming week for a “vomit session” of ideas.
- During this session (whatever you want to call it) I want you to just start listing out like crazy the things that you really enjoy talking about and sharing. It could be anything. Ideas, thoughts, whatever. Do this for 5 minutes and no more than 5 minutes. Set a timer!
- After your 5 minute timer goes off take another 5 minutes and start finding patterns of your content. Start putting them together as orderly as possible. Call these “sets”.
- For any “set” that has 2 or more ideas put a STAR next to it.
- For any “set” that has 4 or more ideas put a CIRCLE it.
- For any of the rest just set them aside.
- For the last 5 minutes…………… you will start planning and organizing:
- The STARS are topics that you’re going to want to combine to create a very rich article. Plan on writing a blog post with those two ideas together and try to write a 1,000+ word post. These you will highlight throughout the coming year.
- For the CIRCLE you’re going to start planning on writing a series post that highlights those interests in an orderly fashion. You can take a look at a number of my series posts as examples of how I order the content:http://john.do/make-money-blogging/http://john.do/blog-advertising/
- These posts will become some of your biggest traffic generators and create some of your most unique and definitive content.
- Prepare to write those out this coming year. Plan on it………. and then do it!
I hope this helps generate some ideas for this year!
Whew. that was awesome.
Finally, always feel free to ping me directly. I really mean that. My email is email@example.com and I’ll do my best to answer your questions as quickly as possible.
Take care friends!