[Image via PhotoDune.]
My road to become a professional blogger wasn’t one that showcased exemplary courage or that necessarily required a colossal leap of faith – it was rather a fairly slow and methodical pace where I carefully calculated the risks and rewards, all of the financial considerations possible, and the work-life balance that would seriously change.
Sure, the story is a bit less dramatic and not as exciting as you perhaps would like to hear but I would hope that it’s much more realistic and manageable, especially for many of you who have hopes of one day taking a step down this path!
In any case I want to start sharing more of my thoughts, experiences, and tips on how I ultimately made the decision to jump out of corporate america and the life of a cube-dweller and pass those onto you so you can better apply them in your own context and situation.
In other words, I want to share with you how I escaped the 9-5 to start my journey down the road to ProBlogging.
Like any of the other series this post will be act as the Table of Contents as I build the blog posts out. I’ve posted a few already that I’ve published in the past that will give some more context for where I want to head with the series and I have already six or seven of them already drafted but they still need a round of editing (or two) to be ready.
I’m quite excited about this particular series as I think it’ll bring a realistic perspective of what it might take to join me in the land of probloggers!
- Never Forget Your First
- One Reason I Knew that I Could Be a Full Time Blogger
- Example Rate Card for Getting Paid per Post, per Word
- How to Get Health Benefits and Insurance for Your Blog
- How a Blogger Can Get Legal Protection from Libel and Slander
- How to Calculate Your Yearly Salary as a Blogger
- When to Turn Your Blog into a Formal Business (S/C Corp, LLC)
- 3 Key Ingredients that Help You Build a Business Around Your Blog
- 5 Lies That Keep Bloggers from Growing Their Blogs and Going Pro
- Will You Quit Blogging This Year?
- The First Six Months as a ProBlogger were Hard but Exciting!
- Will Blogging Become Your Real Profession this Year? Thoughts on How It Happened to Me!
- What is Your Dream Job? How Does Blogging Fit In the Picture?
- 3 Ways to Choose the Right ProBlogging Models & Mentors
- ProBlogger Resume: 10 Qualifications in a Job Requisite
- 10 of the Best Job Boards for Freelance Blogging & Writing Jobs
- 3 Things I Genuinely Miss About the Corporate Culture & Cublicle
- Bloggers are Freelancers: Learn to Say ‘Yes’ Wisely!
- The Secret to Finding My Problogging Tipping Point
- 5 Harsh Realities of Problogging
- Being Peacefully-Unsatisfied with Your Blog
- A Positive Attitude is Your Most Important Blogging Strategy
- Before You’re a ProBlogger You’re a TentBlogger
- Success Looks Like…
- Making Money Online is So Glamorous!
- How Much Money do you Really Need?
- Diversify Channels
- Backup Plan
- Risk and Reward
- The Money Game
- Work-Life balance
- Hobbies and Free Time
- Office Environment
- And More…!