I shared this in my much smaller community in YEN the other day and I thought I’d share it more widely via my blog – because why the hell not…!?
If you’re here in the SF / Bay Area and enjoy capturing your thoughts and sharing them with others, I’d love for you to join my little
writers guild that I’m putting together!
I captured a few thoughts on for my vlog as well:
What is this
guild all about? Why do I feel compelled to put something like this together? There are a number of great reasons but I captured these 3 high-level beliefs that I hope will resonate with you:
- Craft: You believe that writing is a life-long pursuit, a craft and personal trade that is both art and science.
- Community: You believe that we’re stronger together and you’re committed to build our fellowship
offline(our first meetup is coming up – see below!).
- Culture: You believe that words have meaning, power, and an unbelievable amount of influence in today’s society and digital culture. Consequently, our writing seeks to connect people instead of isolate and divide.
If those resonate, I’d love to spend a lot more time with you!
If you’d like an invite to this new,
beta platform so you can join me sometime next month, feel free to ping me directly!
Why? Because I’m already planning on our first meetup!
The First SF Writers Guild Meetup!
I’ve secured a spot for our first hangout! Here are the deets:
- When: June 22nd, 2019 @ 8:00am – 11:00am
- Where: 355 Bryant St
- Food: Yes! We’ll cater some breakfast!
- Agenda: We’ll spend time getting to know each other, share our writing, and I’ll lead a small workshop / Q&A where I’ll share what writing has meant to me over the last 18+ years and the power of publishing publicly – we’ll keep it light, fun, and encouraging!
- RSVP: Email me and let me know you’re coming (please be sure as I want to be accurate with my catering order)!
I hope you can make it and that we can hang!
See you soon!