With version 2.0 I’ve segmented the original award-winning app into three distinct products, based on community and customer feedback!
All of the products are built with the same underlying quality codebase and user experience. The main differences are as follows:
- Desk NT (Notetaking): All features in the original without blog publishing.
- Desk MD (Markdown): All features in the original without WYSIWYG editing.
- Desk PM (Publishing Machine): The original product with both Markdown and WYSIWYG publishing.
The Original (PM) product has the following features:
Publish to your own Blog
- WordPress (self-hosted and .com)
- Blogger / Blogspot
- Squarespace (Post via Email)
- Facebook Notes
Focused Writing Experience
Focus on what matters the most and remove everything else.
- Clean, simple, and a true distraction-free interface
- Typewriter Mode for the serious focus
- Themes and styles including font treatments, style, size, and column width
- Use our streamlined WYSIWYG editor or Markdown.
- Shortcuts for maximum speed (Formatting, Publishing, and more)
- Assortment of writing modes and visual styles (Full-Screen, Transparency, Day & Night, Font and Text Treatments, Responsive Layouts, Floating)
Sync & Backup
Whether you’re on the go or connected to a fiber line you’ll be ready when inspiration strikes.
- Save your work locally with powerful “Offline” mode
- iCloud integration for maximum portability
- Automatic backups (Autosave) while you write (iCloud and Offline)
Publish your work to multiple blogs, platforms, and more. Edit existing posts with ease!
- Access, edit, and update existing posts and drafts
- Schedule posts for later publishing
- Post Formats for WordPress and Tumblr
- Drag-and-drop images, add captions
- Support for embedded media (YouTube, Vimeo and more coming soon)
- Integration with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace, Evernote, and Facebook Notes
- Custom features for each publishing platform (e.g. Featured images, categories, tags, custom slugs/URLs, labels, and more)
- “Quick Publishing” for even greater speed
- Preview mode with real-time updating
Organization & Utility
Your content, your way.
- Intuitive new Preview Mode
- Real-time meta information (Character and word count, Time to Read, Writing Mode)
- Search and replace, dictation, spelling, grammar, and more
- Powerful use of native OS X capabilities
- Export as HTML, RTF, PDF, DOCX, TXT, MD