This was a fascinating week, at the very least and one that I’m certain I won’t forget. In short, after vlogging for a whole week (plus one day) I’ve decided to take a break.
Well, let me be plainspoken, I’ve decided to quit — for now. There are a ton of legitimate reasons for this decision, and it’s definitely the right one for me to make, but it does sting to not finish something that I’ve started.
Life tends to throw curveballs and sometimes you strike out and sometimes you get hit in the face. In the latter scenario I think it’s fair to sit out the next game (or two) depending on the damage, and that’s where I’m at right now.
So, without further ado, my vlogging swan song:
So, What About a Comeback?
I have no idea at this point and I can’t make any promises. I really had a ton of fun, though, and I’d like to give it another go when things in my much larger life settle down a bit.
Thank you for all of your support — it has really meant the world to me.
So, Those 10 Lessons…?
Oh, and here are those 10 lessons:
- Vlogging is hard. Really hard.
- Being aware of people and their privacy is important.
- Editing is 90% of the work.
- Sound can make or break your vlog. Get it right!
- A little pre-planning goes a long way.
- Storytelling is an art form and it requires practice to get better. Practice.
- Tooling is not important but the temptation is real.
- My communication skills are worse than I thought. Video is not forgiving. You can’t hide from it.
- *** I totally forgot #9…! LOL*** See #5…
- It is very difficult to be myself. It’s difficult to be me.
I’ll see you all around! :)